Welcome to our fundraising site!
Thank you for taking the first step toward helping us to reach our goal! Interested in helping us raise funds? From this site, you can register for our fundraiser, join a team (your NJYS ensemble), set a goal, and begin raising money in support of our cause! You can also donate to our fundraisers or search for other participants and donate toward their goals.
As you may know, tuition only covers 75% of what it costs to be a part of this transformational orchestra program. As a nonprofit organization, our mission is to provide the best music education we can to all, including those who may not be able to pay. In addition to writing grants and hosting special events, each year we ask YOU—our students and families—to raise funds through the largest student-led fundraiser of its kind, the Playathon! This year's goal is to raise $100,000!
The funds raised at Playathon will be used:
• To provide tuition assistance
• To purchase and maintain musical instruments such as percussion instruments and those needed for doubling
• To provide the opportunity to perform in venues such as the New Jersey Performing Arts Center and Union County Performing Arts Center
• To provide high-quality coaches to offer an even greater learning experience
• To provide funds for ensembles going on tour. This year the Youth Symphony will travel to Budapest, Hungary and Vienna, Austria! While members of the group pay a portion of the cost, the more money we can raise in Playathon, the more money we can put toward tours and special events for all the ensembles.
Please register as a parent and/or donor unless you have already created an account, then search for the student you want to sponsor! If you have any questions please contact Development Assistant Hannah DeGenova at 908-790-0700 or e-mail her at Hannah.DeGenova@whartonarts.org.
Thanks again for keeping the music alive at NJYS! We invite you to attend our Playathon fundraiser as all of our ensembles come together to perform as one at the Mills at Jersey Gardens on April 2nd, 2016 at 1:00pm. We hope to see you there!