Winter is on its way, so now is the perfect time to plan a break to the winter warmth of North Queensland and combine a tropical getaway with some of the world’s finest chamber music.
Designed to provide you with time to relax, each holiday package includes three nights accommodation and three Festival concerts. Choose an Opening Weekend, Closing Weekend or mid-week Sunset Spectacular package.
The concert tickets are discounted and the seats are reserved exclusively for holiday packages; plus you can add extra nights or extra concerts if you wish, including Orpheus Island and the AFCM After Party.
What’s more, the wonderful team at the Australian Holiday Centre can book everything for you – the package, extra nights, extra concerts, flights, day tours, car hire and more!
for more information or call the Australian Holiday Centre on 1300 799 342.
Our Holiday Package Hotels
Choose from four preferred hotels, all offering quality accommodation, wonderful service and great locations.
The Ville Resort - Casino
Located on the Townsville breakwater with views across to Magnetic Island or back to the city, The Ville offers quality hotel rooms and facilities including restaurants, casino and resort pool.
Grand Chancellor Townsville
Situated in the heart of the CBD, the 4 star Hotel Grand Chancellor offers stunning views across the city, Castle Hill and across to Magnetic Island from its contemporary guest rooms and rooftop pool.
Rydges Southbank Townsville
Located in the vibrant café strip of Palmer Street, Rydges Southbank offers modern amenities, free wi-fi and a great ground floor restaurant. All hotel rooms feature the signature Rydges dream beds.
Quest Townsville on Eyre
Located a short walk from the beach, shops and cafes, Quest on Eyre offers superbly furnished fully equipped serviced apartment accommodation. Facilities include a pool, onsite gym and parking.
To find out more about our hotel partners click here
or call Australian Holiday
Centre on 1300 799 342.
* Conditions apply. Prices quoted are per person twin-share for the Sunset Spectacular package staying at Rydges Southbank. Airfares are not included. Subject to availability.
AFCM & the Queensland Outback 8-Day Tour
Join Hayllar Music Tours for the Australian Festival of Chamber Music in 2018 and enjoy the pleasures of three days at the Festival with premium seats to six world-class chamber music performances, pre-concert talks, private events and discussions with the musicians, and fine-dining at some of Townsville's award-winning restaurants.
After four nights staying at Quest Townsville in the heart of the Festival action, head off into the Queensland Outback for four days of adventure and exploration, visiting four outback towns along Australia's Dinosaur Trail. Visit Australia’s premier outback heritage institution, The Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame and Outback Heritage Centre, the Qantas Founders Museum, the Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum, and finish off in style with a champagne sunset cruise on the Thomson River.
Find out more here
or get in touch with Hayllar Tours on email@example.com or 02 8091 2545.
Experience more after AFCM
North Queensland has many wonderful attractions so why not stay on longer and experience some of its beauty. Explore rainforests and waterfalls on the 3-night Hidden Valley tour or stay on Magnetic Island for a couple of nights.
1. Hidden Valley & Highland Tour, 7-10 August
– Stay 3 nights at Hidden Valley Cabins on the banks of the Running River and each day explore a different area with your local guide. Sights include the Paluma Range National Park, Wallaman Falls (the Southern Hemisphere’s highest waterfall) and the Italian township of Ingham. Priced from $775 per person. Click here
for more information or call Festival sponsor Escape Travel Townsville on 07 4722 5055
2. Magnetic Island Two Night Discovery Package
– This is the perfect package to experience the relaxing island paradise of Magnetic Island with its breathtaking bays and walking trails. Just 20 minutes by ferry from Townsville, you will enjoy two nights’ accommodation, return ferry travel and 2 days of car hire so you can explore the island at your leisure. Stay any two nights before or after AFCM. Priced from $272pp twin share. Call SeaLink on 1300 MAGGIE (1300 624 443) or visit sealinkqld.com.au