This is your big chance to give back! DSIA needs your help raising funds to continue our programs and outreach into 2014 and beyond.
Your participation not only increases awareness and celebrates hope, it also ensures that DSIA will be able to continue to provide support, education, resources, and much-needed (and loved!) events to our community.
CLICK HERE to learn more about DSIA's 9th Annual Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk.
Interested in Being an Exhibitor at the Walk?
Last year more than 1.000 people attended DSIA’s Step Up for Down Syndrome walk, including families, local school groups, community organizations, and business professionals. If you want exposure for your organization, and you want to demonstrate your commitment to ensuring all individuals are included as valued members of our community, download the Exhibitor Form and join us!
We could not do the walk with out our great volunteers!
Why support the Step Up Walk??
Step Up for Down Syndrome is our only fund-raising event designed to raise funds for programs supporting people with Down syndrome in the Sacramento and surrounding areas. Monies raised are used for:
- Providing new or expectant parents with a comprehensive guide to Down syndrome and one-on-one peer support
- Sponsorships to educational workshops and appointments
- Conduct Healthcare Outreach – providing medical professionals with up to date information about Down syndrome
- Conduct Medical Outreach - training medical professionals on how to give a diagnosis of Down syndrome
- Opportunities for social connections among families
- Parent Wellness Events and Sibling Workshops
- Direct Marketing to 1000+ attendees
- Participation in a community event promoting diversity and acceptance of all people
- Promotional media exposure throughout the Sacramento media market
- Placement on event materials (i.e., t-shirts, Website, etc.) for sustained repeat exposure
- Exhibitor space at the event (includes one table with two chairs)
CLICK HERE for more information or contact Heather Green @ 916-658-1686 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsors will be included on materials as feasible based on their confirmation date.
Enter DSIA's T-shirt Contest!
Your Artwork Might be Seen on 1,000 T-shirts at the
Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk!
DSIA needs your creative mind and talented hands... this year's Step Up t-shirt could be designed by YOU!
Individuals of any age who have Down syndrome are invited to submit an original design, to be potentially included on DSIA's 2013 Step Up Walk t-shirt, distributed to more than 1,000 people at this year's event. The winning artist will receive special recognition at the Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk.
All submitted designs will be placed on display at the Walk. Everyone will have a chance to display their artwork proudly!
Hurry, the contest ends September 1, 2013. Grab those pencils, markers, and brushes and get to work!
See below for official rules and submission information. For more information contact DSIA at 916.658.1686 or email email@example.com
This contest is open to individuals of any age who have Down syndrome.
1. If you are an artist with Down syndrome, create an original t-shirt design by hand or by computer using your choice of art - you can use any medium! If you create the design by hand, it should be illustrated on plain, unlined, bright white paper.
2. Your design may use a maximum of 3 colors. Black is included in the three.
3. Your design must be your own original unpublished work and must not contain any third-party logos, trademarks, or copyright materials.
4. All artwork must be no smaller than 6" x 6" and no larger than 8.5" x 11"
5. All digital images should be submitted in high resolution (300 dpi or greater).
Entries must be received by September 2 2013
Entries may be submitted by mail or email to DSIA. The official entry form must be submitted with every entry. CLICK HERE to download the entry form.
Mail your design (without folding it) to:
5098 Foothills Boulevard, Suite 3, #464
The DSIA Board of Directors and DSIA's Step Up Walk Committee will choose the winning design. All decisions by the Board/committee are final.
The winning designer will receive an award and special recognition at the 2013 Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk on October 20, 2013. All entries will be acknowledged and placed on display at the event.
All submissions shall become the property of DSIA.