Job Announcement: BirdFest and Bluegrass Event Coordinator
Accepting Applications now - June 3rd
Position Title: BirdFest and BlueGrass Coordinator
Location: Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge, Ridgefield, WA
Date of Term: June-October 2016. Continuation of this position is conditional upon securing additional funding/need for next year, where planning would begin again in March.
Hours: Part time- Independent Contractor. Hours are flexible. Assumes approximately 20 hours per month, with increased hours anticipated initially and in weeks leading up to the festival. Coordination meetings are the last Tuesday of every month, with the event on October 1st and 2nd, must be available before and after the event for set-up and clean up.
Compensation: $1,000 per month
Description of position-
During the period of this employment, the Contractor will work as the Event Coordinator for BirdFest and Bluegrass (BFBG) Festival, an event of the Friends of Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge, assisting the Friends’ organization and the BirdFest Committee of the Friends in meeting their goals for BFBG.
Direct duties will include working with the BFBG Committee and the President of the Friends Board in organizing the event, providing coordination of all of BFBG preparation and additional duties as assigned or needed. Including attending and running monthly Committee Meetings, coordinating subcommittee's, and overseeing the entire event planning.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Checking in and maintaining communication with subcommittee heads
- Heading and coordinating monthly committee meetings
- Coordinating/scheduling events
- Checking on, overseeing, and placing signage
- Organizing groups, events, and people
- Creating/implementing a system for evaluating the events success for grant purposes
- Keep track of donations and visitor info during event (i.e. forms where guests let us know what zip code they live in)
- Must be knowledgeable or willing to learn how to post and update a WordPress website with news, schedules etc.
- Be available to work all Sept. 30th - October 3rd for set-up, running, and take down of event locations.